Tuesday, October 30, 2007

retiring the label whore

Just for a while.

Me: I am, against my own will, returning this bag.
Juicy man: Why?
Me: I bought it as a gift [for myself] and decided to get [myself] something else.
Juicy man: Would you like to look around the store?
Me: No. But she would. (Points to accomplice)

Actually, though, parting with the messenger was not all that painful. For one thing, October or not, it was just too pink. The black, on the other hand, was beautiful - I felt more pangs not exchanging it for the black than I did returning it. For another, it was just too expensive. I would rather that $300 be a drop in the Silent Truck Fund bucket than hanging from my shoulder. Lastly, it was a pain in the ass to hit myself in the face with the flap every time I needed to get my keys. G'bye.

I did not completely give up my workbag, btw. I found at Macys a cute $60 replacement that is durable, better-designed (for my needs), and island-made. Voila. Pic? I know I took one ...

No comments: