Sunday, October 14, 2007

shine

'Kay, am not (yet) in possession of the Bandolinos (and will likely restrain myself even though the $69 seems paltry in light of other foot-bound purchases) but had to remind myself of this somewhat similar shoe that I love and have worn exactly once:

Just as my classroom is a hybrid of playground and workplace, this is an off-beat Mary Jane-goes-to the-office kind of shoe. As mentioned, it's been taken to the "workplace" exactly once, because its weirdness was too much for the kids.

"Your shoes are so shiny."
"Thank you. Please turn to page 165."
"Are they supposed to be that shiny?"
"They just are. Page 165, please."
"They're reflective."
"I hadn't noticed. Turn to page 165 now."
"My mom has shiny shoes. She doesn't get home from work till really late."

That did it. No more shiny shoes in the classroom. So, still looking for an opportunity (or, preferably, several opportunities) to wear them. In the meantime, I just take them out periodically and smile at my reflection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must look at your footwear everyday during morning business...
I remember doing that, but not for shoes, it was always to see how long it would take the teacher to get a chalk line on her butt.

damned_cat said...

i dunno, but after someone said my shoes were like her hostess mom's, i quit wearing 'em. but i feel like a rebel and i think i'm gonna wear them tomorrow.