Saturday, October 11, 2008

fiddle-dee-dee

Who knew the mall didn't open till 10 a.m.? Sure on most shopping days past I've been in bed till 10 a.m., so how I was ever to learn this is a mystery, but today, I woke up early (as I have every day of Fall Break), Post Office'd it, and then moseyed on to the mall. Which, excepting Old Navy, was closed.

While killing time in ON, I picked out a bunch of $5 tanks, two pairs of jeans, three baby outfits, and a dog costume (bat, because they only make honeybee in XXS, think Elle Woods' chihuahua Bruiser in "Legally Blonde") before I realized I was being ridiculous and bought only one t-shirt, a cheap Halloween special (although not as cheap as the pallets and pallets of bright orange "3 for $6!" tees in the front of the store). Oh, and the baby outfits? They'd go on the shelf next to the tennis racket and biography of Abigail Adams I own, the "we may need these things later" shelf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but I think I can trump this post. I was entertaining the idea of getting a job at Old Navy for the holiday season. Why? Because A) It's extra cash B) it's close C) I already own half of their inventory from last season and D) DISCOUNT!