Wednesday, October 29, 2008

although i miss her ...

Things I would go out and buy this second (or maybe, you know, when the mall opens) if Vickie were here, so it's kind of a good thing she isn't:

- A Tokidoki bag. Not a little purse, a big honkin' BAG. They're so freaking cute I don't care that they're five minutes away from passe.

- A good pair of jeans. I have a perverse desire to see what this 7 For All Mankind hoo-ha is all about, but even in my shopping fantasies I am a little more realistic than $200/pr denim. Peahen was strutting in Lucky Brand this past weekend; she says it's the only denim she wears these days. So, fantasy bag item 2: dark-wash Luckys. (Luckies?)

- Maia highlights. I want to do Something To My Hair and if I'm going to fork over a kidney to pay for it, it's not gonna be another $70 bang trim.

- A necklace to replace the one I love but have decided to stop wearing. I'd pick a slightly different one, of course, but what I really love is the toggle-style closure and the choker fit, and similar designs seem to be abundant at the store I hate but whose designs I love.

That was fun. Anyway, quick reality check: Peahen gave me a beautiful lariat-style heart necklace from Tiffany as a maid of honor gift. We also got awesome manicures and I've managed to keep mine intact so far. I wish I could be as extravagant with my own girls. But I have six to Peahen's one, so.

Shoe news: nothing cute on the horizon but I am going to buy a $40 pair of New Balance runners today if I can make it to Sam's Club in time (and if they still have my size.) I actually wore down a pair of running shoes. This calls for a soda!

Just kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard Lucky Jeans don't give you as much as a 'lived in' feel when you wear them. I like how my ON jeans tend to stretch after a few minutes of wearing them. I've honestly never tried on a pair of Lucky Jeans, but I'm pretty sure that's a good idea. The last thing I need is a desire for $200 jeans.

And on that note, here is my list of "Things We'd Do If You Were Visiting Oregon"

-Visit an assortment of malls: Where I work (There's a DSW), Where B works (there's a Sephora, Nords and Coach), the outlet stores (no tax in oregon!).

-Get 39 dollar massages that are pretty darn good and in no way skeezy.

-Go to the Aveda Institute and get a $20 haircut that's worth $70, (and a facial and a mani/pedi...and...)

-Go to Trader Joe's and Target, cause that's what local people do on the mainland.

-Oogle over the low prices at the grocery store.

-Bitch that we should have gone to Disneyland too.

CPNZX said...

Sisterella did you mean to spell Maja? love love.

damned_cat said...

"The Great Northwestern Honeymoon." It's starting to roll off the tongue!

Yeah yeah Maja Shmaja. Eez it komfterbull fer yew?