Friday, November 21, 2008

V sent all sorts of good advice about my latest purchase(s). I ... disregarded the parts about returning stuff but wholeheartedly embraced the parts about keeping stuff!


Sigh.


Just so we're clear, I really needed these shoes. And I actually think I should be congratulated for buying them. I have accepted and embraced the advent of my thirties; I have accepted the need for comfort shoes. I'm on my feet all day, but while the dress code for teachers here in the islands is pretty lax, I don't want to go to slippers or sneakers.


Would link to an image of the actual shoe but I can't find it anymore. So it was either wildly popular and sold out completely or it was too ugly to remain on virtual shelves. The basic shape is like this, but the design is sort of a cross between cowboy boot and saddle shoe.


P.S. It was on major sale.


In other candied_news ... oh good, there is no other candied_news. Large quantities of money are being painfully saved and then rapidly spent in preparation for the wedding and so we're trying to be good. Trying is always the operative word, isn't it?

No comments: