Thursday, September 20, 2007

rockin'


A friend and I went to "visit" this ring set today. She told me about it the day before yesterday - all she said was "princess cut" and I was mentally out the door. Anyway, the band is 18K white gold, channel set (halfway, but hey, you can only see the top half anyway) with diamonds. The engagement ring is a 1.08-carat princess cut solitaire with channel-set stones again halfway around. The kicker: it's appraised at $10,500 and selling for cost, $4800.

The seller (the designer? I was not clear) had it on her at a preschool close to my work place. We sat in my friend's car and she came out to show it to us. My friend and I oohed and aahed, but then the seller (my friend's friend) had to rush inside to conduct a fire drill with her little ones. So I got to hold it, wear it, and otherwise fondle it for a good 10 minutes.

I later gushed about it to my mom.

"Why are you showing me?" was her reply.

"Because you might give me five grand?"

Seriously, I'd propose to myself just to have this piece of candy in my life.

P.S. Rouge - almost done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief! I'd buy that if I didn't just spend...a lot.

Anonymous said...

P.S. My personal choice, would be a tiffany setting, tiffany nova or tiffany round-brilliant w/ square cut.
Or my grandma's ring reset in platinum.

damned_cat said...

round-brilliant with square cut ... i have to google that.