Wednesday, September 12, 2007

the kickoff

A list of things I can't not buy:

pens - noBo bedsheets from wal*mart - aussie 3 minute miracle and other bath products - travel lit - composition books - cheap jeans - tropical scented dog shampoo - u.s. history books - white elephant book deals - jack russell/pug hybrid puppies ...

A list of things I have difficulty not buying:

jellybeans - high heels - anne tyler novels - sesame street old school - in style magazine - purses - retro shoes like jellies, roos, or mary jane-style skechers - complete season DVD sets of tv series I truly love (there are so precious few) ...

It turns out I'm not a purse or shoe whore. Though I do love me some arm or foot candy, my function standards for purses eliminate most of the cute ones (must have a shoulder strap, secure closure, enough space for a paperback book and a camera; if it's too shmancy to sit on the floor, forget it) - and shoes, well, I love them as much as the next woman but if someone handed me $500 free and clear with only one stipulation - that it must be spent on a single item - let's just say I've never met a pair of shoes that would make the cut.

So I guess this is the blog for my material compulsions, addictions, impulse purchases, deliberations, remorse, and subsequent resolutions and wagon fall-offs (falls-off?). It's the newest addition to the family of blogs that includes the worky/real-lifey blog, the boyfriend blog, and several old cast-off bastard blogs buried somewhere else entirely ... yar.

P.S. I don't make or spend unbelievable piles of money. So posts wistful in nature will greatly outnumber posts reflective/victorious/remorseful in nature.

Coming soon:

- Recent conquests
- Buy me love?
- Happiness is a drugstore
- Just because

No comments: