Saturday, April 12, 2008

I found the real wedding dress of my dreams @ the trunk show after ACUW's 2008 fundraiser fashion show. Side note: so DIFFERENT from "our" show last year! They dropped two grand for professional models, and God knows how much more for lighting and audio. It was a wonderful show - worth every penny (I have heard that Anne Namba would not have it any other way - she personally oversees everything she puts her name on, including all fashion shows.)

So worth the added cost. I still think our show was awesome - and that the closing parade of Calista fashions to Jessica Simpson's "Public Affair" was the perfect finale - but this year's show was clearly professionally constructed and choreographed. Low lighting, lots of house-mixed Michael Buble, and a Spring collection I would die to own. Or just try on. Or even touch. Reds and oranges (standing alone; mingling on creamy backgrounds), brocades and sequins, kimono-inspired tops, even some stuff that looked like it belonged on the beach.

I dragged Bonnie to the trunk show backstage where she encouraged me to try on a $2400 wedding dress (no, thank you, what if I love it?) and we dorkily got our picture taken with the designer (who is exceptionally cool, because she let me photograph her clothes.)

This is not the greatest picture of the dress - the room's poor lighting makes it look orange, when it's actually a true red. Don't worry, I know that only a China-Chinese or a truly ballsy, New Yorkified Chinese American could get away with so red a wedding dress. It's just for fun. Sniff.

No comments: