Thursday, April 3, 2008

tribute to my shower caddy

See the green bottle of Tea Tree shampoo (2nd level) and the lone bar of soap (1st level) in the caddy? Those are Scott's only products. Everything else (imagine an old-school medicine cabinet full of stuff, too) is mine.

Bath products are my weakness. We just got back from Vegas, where we showed remarkable restraint at a Bath and Body Works outlet where everything was about 70 percent off. Good thing, because the weekend of our return, Vickie introduced me to Philosophy. I don't know if it's doing anything for my skin, but everything smells so damned good I'm hooked.

But then, I've always been easy when it comes to BPs.

Some of my favorites: Basin soaps, especially "Munchkin baby" and oatmeal complexion; Frederic Fekkai shampoos; Origins sea salt products. And regardless of what the ladies at Sephora, Philosophy and Bare Escentuals say, I will always have a special place in my heart (and on my face) for Whatever's On Sale at Longs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be surprised and ask you in horror why you have two kinds of hand soap in your shower caddy...but I have Softsoap, which I occasionally use on my face. (But don't tell my dermatologist, she'd kill me). It originally found it's way into the shower because my derm told me to wash my hands before I was my face. Being lazy I brought it straight into the shower with me.

Anonymous said...

While we're on the topic, I'm still partial to: Philosophy body washes especially their Amazing Grace body wash/shampoo, Bath and Body works anything (silver lining come OR), Victoria Secret's Pure Seduction, The Body Shop (almost anything), and cheap candy scented body washes when they're on sale at Longs.
My dry feet and hands will testify to my use of the washes and not the lotions. With the exception of Bath and Body's Cotton Blossom and The Body Shop's Cherry Blossom.

damned_cat said...

the BBW pump actually has paul mitchell shampoo in it. the softsoap is for piercings.

i'm going to have to try the philosophy washes. that's all there is to it.