Wednesday, May 21, 2008

mourning has broken

I am not a huge fan of ultra-skinny cameras; I like having more than a little something to grab onto. So I hope this image of my new, en-route Cybershot is one of those advertising illusions, like when a realtor photographs his Kleenex-box-sized apartment and makes it look like a mansion.

I've officially stopped Spending With Abandon, but here is the total damage of my grief-induced spree:

Camera: $279.00
Cam accessories: $45
Chooka Koi wellies: $48
I Was Told There'd Be Cake: $8.40
Middlesex: A Novel: $7.49
Shipping charges: $20
G-fab '80s-esque tattoo: $50 + karma tip
Total: $457.89

Lest you think me unbelievably frivolous, that leaves from my tax returns / stim payment $3,043 for general survival necessities and wedding savings. Gee, that's a lot. Maybe I should shop some more.

just kidding, eesh.

And yes, there will be a tattoo pic when my cam arrives.

No comments: