Saturday, June 14, 2008

ItalSteam: preliminary review (and small follow-up rant)

I bought an ItalSteam from the Miracle Mile shops in Vegas (formerly the Desert Passage, I believe). <-- I do believe that's a "before" pic. The smooth-talking kiosk operator failed to mention that you need to add salt to the tap water, but other than that, it's just as he promised*. Lightweight, no muss, no board, no fuss. I guess I'll add "press shirts" to my short but growing list of wifely duties, which otherwise includes "make lasagna three or four times a year," and "stop spending like a fiend on things which benefit my eye for candy alone."

*Erm, it is just as he promised because in the mall I was pulling on one side while he pulled the other side, making the fabric taut and easy to deal with. Also, when steaming my dad's shirts, same thing. But what happens when no one's there to pull the fabric for you? Nothing happens. Or you try pulling it with one hand and end up burning your fingers with the steam. Nice. I should also mention that the initial power-up makes my bathroom lights flicker.

Send colorful complaints and stories of blown fuses to thatdamnedcat@gmail.com.

15 comments:

CPNZX said...

You just don't know how to work it fool. YOU BETTER WORK!

Anonymous said...

I just got taken buying 3 of these crappy irons at Gurnee Mills Shopping mall. Not only did they make the light flicker - they blew out the fuses. And the comments about the shirt stretching are correct!

Also - and most important - this company DOES NOT STAND BEHIND ITS PRODUCT. BEWARE - THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK. I'm hoping they go out of business and fast!

damned_cat said...

Three?! I am so sorry. You can't take the unused ones back to the kiosk?

Anonymous said...

DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM...
DOES NOT WORK!!!

Anonymous said...

Mine spit brown water on white cotton. Too late I noticed the NO RETURNS. (My lights flickered also)

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy with mine. When it was demonstrated for me I never touched the fabric and the salesman did it all himself. If you follow the directions it definitly works. The only annoying thing about it is having to add salt to the water to make it work.

Unknown said...

complete rip off. you cannot return it. the company does not respond to emails. no phone number is given. it spits brown water on clothes. you have to fill it every two minutes. it's too hot to hold when you need to take the top off to fill with water. it makes the lights flicker. it's horrible and got an F from the BBB.

Anonymous said...

If your lights flicker it means there's too much current flowing through the water. Most likely cause: you added too much salt. Completely empty the container and try with less (or no) salt next time.

Anonymous said...

It's leaking and not good at all.
Customer service never respond back. I will tell all my friends don't buy it. ;-(

Anonymous said...

Piece of crap. Puts spots (dirt sort of a grey black color and spots that look like water spots) on beige pants. Would recommend you definitely not buy this item. I believe the reason why this company does not offer any refunds is that most of the items would be returned by purchasers requesting a refund.

Anonymous said...

I love mine.

Anonymous said...

BUYER BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT BUY!!! go with a reputable company. The company does not respond to any emails or return any phone calls if you have any problems. The slimey salesman told me I had a 3 year extended warranty. My iron never heated up at all.

Anonymous said...

Piece of Italian crap, DO NOT BUY, Biggest scam ever... agree with all problems listed here

deborah said...

This is a scam. So disappointed. I paid $120!!!

Anonymous said...

I dres sut every day
Those work pretty good just read instructive
It's not for idiots but also de regular iron u have to learn
How to use it.
:)