Tuesday, June 24, 2008

mar(t)velous!

If, in order to access handbags of every ilk - ghetto fab to vintage couture - via a totally ingenious web company that allows one to borrow said fashion, one must admit that 30 years have gone by since one's entrance into this wonderful world, then so be it. I'm 30. Now show me the Dooney.

For my birthday (which is actually not until next month), my ultra-cool brother got me a 1-year membership here. It is a mind-blowing concept - these people must make SO much money - and while my inner Chinese sensibilities kick and scream at the thought of renting couture, my Carrie sensibilities have already assembled a wishlist twelve items long.

I may refuse to borrow books (I really hate not owning my reading material) but I have nothing against borrowing accessories. Looking at the price tag of a super high-end rental does hurt my corneas, but were I ever at a point in my life where I desired - nay, deserved - to carry a Birkin or one of its peers, I would surely make a point to own it. Bag Borrow or Steal is strictly for the joy that is carrying a different, lovely bag every month. Without the space issues.

Habberdaytumi!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous right now. You have no idea.
YAY!

damned_cat said...

i'll let you know how it works out. i might have more fun online "outlet" shopping!

p.s. regale me with tales of victoria's secret and bath and body!