Sunday, June 1, 2008

zapatos

Right: My absolute hands-down favorite going-out shoes (VS, black patent stils). Since I walk hard (no Dewey Cox jokes please), I wear my shoes out pretty quickly, so it's a rare occasion that these get taken out. I'm a big fan of Victoria's Secret shoes (mostly because I so love shopping from home.) I've ended up with a few real bummers (a beautiful pair of 4-inch heeled cocoa pumps, for instance, that will not stay on my feet) but for the most part have been very happy with my purchases.

Below: My first lace-ups, from Journeys @ Ala Moana about 3 years ago. They're not of the greatest functional design, and are very hard to walk in. But they spark a fond memory - of the time I decided to wear them with blue paisley cabana pants to Starbucks one summer evening when I still lived at home. It was the first time I looked in the mirror, knew I fell into the Weird bin, and left the house happily anyway. So the shoes are a permanent fixture in my collection.

Played with my shoes for about an hour this afternoon, in lieu of a nap. I'm so deep into Summer Mode already ...

No comments: